As mentioned in my About blurb, I work from a home location, ensuring I can give your pets maximum attention and care.
As I type, there’s a German Shepherd curled up at my feet and a Weimaraner resting in the front room. (We’ve just been playing an energetic game of ball and Frisbee in the back yard, unfortunately making the hounds on either side a little jealous!)
After a long time period that has variously included:
- a lot of federal public service
- some teaching to school groups in parliamentary and civics education
- a little tertiary teaching
- a short stint as an educational curriculum reviewer
- part-time migrant English tutoring
- a little light call centre work
- four years part time on radio
- 20 years running trivia quizzes
- 10 years MC-ing weddings and music festivals
- a fair bit of choral and other singing, and
- stints as an industrial cleaner and home maintenance offsider
now I occasionally just write.
My writing has been mostly for music publications, and mostly involving interviews with musicians, event organisers, venues and festivals. It’s been a little dormant for the past year or two, though that may be changing in 2018. The scope is also widening to:
If you’re interested, have a look-see here:
I’m currently on indefinite hiatus, but may return to it in the future.
But currently I’m enjoying a rather itinerant and lazy lifestyle as a self-funded early retiree. Beats sitting in an airless office for eight hours a day. 🙂
Written: Holsworthy, NSW – October 2015
Last Updated: Point Clare, NSW – October 2018